Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Flatmates from hell




Juan Camilo my flatmate and me
Regarding living with people, I can say is definitely hard stuff, I have had the  experience to live with friends and with people I didn't know very well and the results of those experiences could be surprising for some of you.
My first experience was about two years ago I was living with my parents and I decided to reach my independence living in my own personal space. Of course, if I had done it on my own would have been difficult so I decided to move with my two best friends.

The first week was awesome, but everything started going wrong from the second week onwards. I knew backwards that one of friends was a little bit moody, but nothing was compared with what I had to deal living with her; her behaviour changed every day, sometimes twice or three times per day and she really was driving me crazy. On the other side was my other friend, she was very relaxing but the problems started when she lost her job. I was very understanding with her. I had told her that I would support her with the rent while she was able to find a new job but my patience turned into anger when I started realizing that she had become a laid back person who was always lounging around doing nothing more than watching tv, or sleeping during the whole day. She didn’t even help me to tidy the flat.

Nothing could have gone worst, I was really disappointed. At the end of the second month, we decided to leave the flat and reach our ways separately, since our friendship got over.

To be honest, when I first arrived to New Zealand I was really predisposed for all the situations I had got through, and yet at the same time I was expectant and open to any situation.
After I had lived there for two months  with a New Zealand host family, I decided to move to the city  and take the risk of living with a flatmate; on this occasion with a male I was really fed up with women. Everything has been so far so good, I have found it very easy because men are not as fussy and sulky as we women are; Sometimes I think I get on well with men than with women.

Ok finally, I have got over the flatmates fear and my attitude towards flat sharing have completely changed to positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment