Saturday, 8 October 2011

Getting closer to real life



Today is 9th of October de 2011 and I decided writing a diary as an advice from my English teacher Nicolle so as not to forget the writing skills I’ve learn during this trip.
Starting, is always hard but not impossible and I must look for strategies to keep on studying on my own since I’m no t going to be in Auckland anymore to practice English anytime I want.
I think I’ve thought in a vast range of strategies such as read books, magazines, watching movies, write a lot, joining to English conversation groups through couch surfing so on and so for. However I know is going to be hard for me because I know myself very well and I know I’m kind of lazy, I’m not the type of woman who wants to spend a day studying on her own.
Nevertheless, it may sound a little bit modest but I also know I’m extremely intelligent, therefore, I know  when it comes to focusing on something, I can find the way to reach it successfully. I have the capabilities to do it; then it’s more a matter of interest.
Besides, being so close to my departure date from Auckland I have got a bunch of feelings in my mind and stomach, all of them fighting among each others, which is leaving me exhausted whatsoever.  I can’t stop thinking about how my life will be when I get back to Colombia, I’ve been thinking whether my life will change or not, will I keep on living the same dull life I used to live when I left? This is the core question which has been keeping me thinking during the last month or so, and of course it’s something I will only realize once I get there, not before or after. But looking back and almost giving a step backwards but in the same time moving towards my real life, I recognize I’m in the same point of my life when I was before coming here.
Probably, I have got a great deal of new information in my head, filed by people, things and circumstances I’ve passed through. Ones good others not so much, and it makes me happy; All in all we learn of everything as my grandparents used to say, Although they were absolutely right, there’s still a bittersweet taste in my mouth, like if the last six months I’ve spent abroad and far away of my loved ones would be in vain, like if it wasn’t worth living it.
So, what’s next? I’ll be waiting for the next events on my life.
Every change is good some people say, but I’m wondering what if changes mean to get back to your previous life? Are those changes still good?

No comments:

Post a Comment