Saturday, 3 December 2011

Creating my own whole messy small world



After traveling abroad, living my lonely experience and coming back again to the country of my heart (which is not longer so), I told myself “well at least you must stop being messy” and you just have to open the door of my room, of course if you can, to realize I haven’t changed not even a pinch, actually, I think I’ve turn my messy style into something a kind of creepy.

And I can’t really understand why, believe me I’ve had to bear the one hundred millions of times my mother has asked me, from whom did you inherited such an ugly manner? or why are you so messy?.

I can foresee what my mother is thinking in those instants. She might probably be thinking, what have I done to deserve this mess?, why she doesn’t answer such a simple question?. Well mom,  trust me If I had had an answer, I surely would have told you already, yet, as I don’t, I’m not going to bother myself trying to find a suitable answer. And even if I could find an answer the odds are 9 to 10 that you would be even way too upset with me for giving it to you.

So please let’s be honest, I’m 26 years of which almost 20 of them I’ve been a complete disaster, it means that my mother has spent 20 years of her life trying to change the way I am by nagging me as much as she can. 20 years of her life in which she could perfectly have done something pretty much interesting. I don’t know a lot of things come up to my mind, reading, singing, making fun of someone, I don’t know at least trying to be happy.

So let’s make some maths; My mother desperately ask me to tide up my room at least 2 times a day daily, if we multiply 2 per the 3 or 5 minutes she spends doing it it’ll give us a total of 70 minutes per week, now, if you want to know the outcome per month we can simply multiply it for 4, which are roughly 280 minutes or 4 hours and 6 minutes per month. but what is really concerning is that my mother has spent around 46 days of her life on that matter.

Well, 46 days are not a big deal, but if you think carefully, 46 days are more than the days needed for traveling, for reading a book or just for getting relax.

So, what’s the moral of all of this.
First, it doesn’t worth trying to change some people’s habits. Don’t stress yourself doing it you only will end up losing your time.
And second, I’m not going to stop being messy, even if my mom waste more of her time trying to persuade me.

3 comments:

  1. Jhennie, what a terrible daughter you are! To be honest I'm the same... And that was a reason my mom was really happy to know that I found a job as a housekeeper:) She simply said:'Well, I couldn't teach you to clean and tidy, may be your manager will' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, that's what my mother would say jeje, and I'm a kind of baffled since I've realized we have plenty of things in common, dont you think?.
    Are you sure we are not one of those cases in which twins were splitted up and raised in different families,countries and cultures? jajaja quite weird isn't it?.
    Fortunately we both didn't grow up together, otherwise we wouldn't be alive right now, we would have already commited suicide. (I'm kidding).

    And Maria Have you improved your messiness yet, or is it still being a problem? because I know Even if I were working as a housekeeper, I'm completely sure I'd keep on being messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I've always dreamed to have a sister from Colombia;) About my mess. Of cause I can't say that I completely changed but at this moment I really try to improve in that way. For example, now I started to force myself to wash dishes immediately after dinner, not in two days as I did before:) You know, I really believe that the order in our room is the order in our head. So this way I hope to get rid of the bloody mess in my head. I just tired of it, I want the clear mind, that's it.

    ReplyDelete