Sunday, 14 August 2011

The Moment of truth


It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.  ~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916

It is almost impossible to say that there  is a person in the world who can always say whole truth. All of as have told lies; even a  small one but we have done it, thus, is very unethical for me to judge someone else for telling lies.

Nobody is perfect and trying to reach perfection is a waste of time, at  least for me; yet you can  avoid situations in which you will be bound to tell lies  to get your goals.
Although I consider myself a sincere person, I’m not exempt of telling lies, mostly when you know   you have done things wrongly, and you know if you tell the truth you will hurt someone else’s feelings.
Besides, if you  just simply want to keep some of your  life events in secret,  why do you have to tell the true to other people, you are free to expose your life as much as you want , but you can also have the freedom to keep your life as private as you want or need; Then I think  so as not to create a conflict, and avoid awkward situations sometimes it is better to lie.

Regarding on the tv reality show, of course she had the freedom to make a choice whether  to expose her private life or not, and she did it, she decided to  take the risk of losing everything. if I had been on her shoes I definitely wouldn’t have done it, I have a  great sense of respect for others people’s life, and I would expect the same sense from other people  to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment