Tuesday, 6 September 2011

“Men should always pay”

If I were a gold digger of course my opinion would be of agreement to this statement, but for fortune I am not, so I consider to go Dutch is more than fair, maybe if I were a house wife or a different kind of woman I would say it is ok, but I like to say that I’m completely independent and so that I like to pay my own things. I didn’t mean housewives are not independent, yet the fact you're working give to you a certain freedom which you might not have if you devote your life to home duties.
I don’t know whether is a matter of pride and I don’t know neither to what extent is it good or not, but I think it is unfair just to lay the responsibility of picking the tap to men, If you we are earning the same amount of money or sometimes even more and you are in the condition to afford what you want, why we should let them paid the whole bill, I mean, I’m totally convinced that in the world we are living now many things have changed and the roll of the woman has changed as well.
Of course this kind of things are making the whole concept of dating change and sometimes I think things are going a little bit upside down, but changes are not always bad, as well as they aren’t always good, we must be adaptable to changes and open minded and that’s why breaking through this traditional custom seems to be that good for me, I like the empowerment has been given to us.
However, I would be more than pleased if someone invite me to date and pay for the whole bill, I think is not bad and letting that kind of situations happen make you feel sometimes that sense of romanticism which has been losing in the time throughout the years, even when I must recon I’m not a romantic person.
That is to say, I would pay for my half of the bill, In fact I do because I can do it, but if someone wants to pay the whole amount they he’ll be more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment