Sunday, 22 January 2012

Procrastination season

I’ve been thinking along this three past months what to write about in this blog and I really do find extremely hard to come up with something interesting.
Sometimes an amazing great idea appears in my mind but afterwards I realized that even though the topic was good my mind is completely blocked to do whatever I’d like to do, so I end up frustrated doing nothing and keeping on fooling around with some more unfinished ideas and projects.
I think the lack of activity is killing my imagination and creativity, I‘ve never fronted up a time in my life as unproductive as the one I’m passing through.
I’ve started to think insane thinks and I’ve involved myself on many projects you can imagine bringing none of them to life.
so here is a list of new year’s aims I’ve made, some of them I haven’t even started.
  1. Even though I’m going to the gym, I thought why not making exercise  at home while you’re doing absolutely nothing. Ok I made the basic part of the task, I found some videos of body combat, yoga and pilates on youtube and I subscribed to the channels of the ones who post them, Actually I was trying to practise in the living room of my family’s small flat but for me was impossible to keep on doing it since I was so afraid of someone of my family watching me, I don’t want them to mock on me, so I must resign myself to do it when none of them are close but I’m likely to forget all the idea.
  2. When I was in Auckland one of my plans was to come back seriously to the photography. In fact it’s still my will, but the problem is that all my intentions end up just being a kind of whim, and I haven’t worked in the first photo, I haven’t even had the first photo taken (well, I mean a good one).


  3. bound to the last item of the list of what I wanted to accomplish is the one of making a photography blog. Of course if I haven’t the first photo taken it’s almost impossible to start doing something like that.
  4. I started I blog as a recollection of interesting things I come across on the web. every thing went great the first 5 days but with the time I got bored, I don’t know why I hate being promoting or posting in facebook or twitter. it seems to me like if i were trying to catch somebody's attention and it’s not like that and I wonder why other people make it seems so simple. In addition I’m not good at persuading people and I think that’s one of the reasons why I ended up neglecting that blog.
  5. I started to think about a personal photography project in which I could run my daily frustration and I thought about recollecting my life in picts, having a photo of myself taken daily. It’d start in a very simple way, just taking a photo in the same position every day, the results would be seen in a month when I would do a stop motion film showing my physical changes throughout the past month and so, but then, I came up with something similar but in some way different. The main idea was the same but in the second approach I would photograph myself in different situations, to be more exact, I would photograph myself in which I concider to be the most representing moment of the day. The idea hasn’t see the light yet just because I don’t want to show that basically I have a boring life and I do pretty much nothing, but who knows maybe my life might become some interesting in a few weeks and I’d be energized to finally start it.




I can make this list longer but I think I’m too lazy to finish it LOL

I hope this time ends as fast as it would be possible because I could run the risk of becoming on a procrastinating woman and I hate that but for now I think I can deal with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment